WELL WELL WELL LOOK WHO IT IS –
THOUGHT YOU’D JUST READ A NEWS POST EH?
THOUGHT I WOULDN’T BE EXPECTING YOU, HM?
THOUGHT NOT MUCH AT ALL, I THINK! (I THINK?(i think (idk))) .
So then. You successfully made it past my army of caps. I guess now I have to explain to you my evil plan(most recent doings) in an unappetizingly large and unexpected release of half-digested exposition. How else will I move the story along, while also being over-protective of early story details I couldn’t stomach editing out?
You think you’re so smart, huh?
You think you’re cool, YEAH?
YOU THINK THIS JOKE IS GETTING OLD, DO YOU!
THAT’S BECAUSE IT WASN’T THAT GOOD TO BEGIN WITH (probably(I guess(unless you’re not that funny(I guess(fuck you(nah you’re cool(I mean you really can just keep nesting these things forever(idk(seems like grammar is just asking for it right(you still reading this huh?(you thought you were gonna really get another good joke out of this?( YOU THOUGHT – no no no no no, god, please, help (no(I’m lost(It’s dark here(dark(lost(dark())))))))))))))))))) .
THIS IS WHERE THE NEWS STARTS
1. DONE WITH THAT DWARFCORP
So my work on DwarfCorp is over. The initial release date was scheduled for Halloween, but in the last moment the project lead got talking to a friend of mine, and now shipping is delayed until early 2019. This friend works at MassDigi and is using their resources to help properly market the game. It’s kind of nice and kind of sad. Seven years is a long time for a game audience to stick around, so in some ways it feels like, well, who will listen and for any good reason? On the other hand, it’s as if the game deserves that token of respect by some nature. A fanfare. Or taps. An indie this old being shipped. Well I thought I’d never see the day.
2. WHAT’S NEXT FOR US? WILL ROBOTS BECOME THE TOP TEN WAYS TO CATCH YOU A MAN?
As is often the case, this post and general site update is related to another time of opportunity sniffing. I’m taking an actual vacation for once, because all my bones hurt. But in the meanwhile I’ll be talking to people, and peeking at whatever weird stuff I can find that I might want to help make.
Two projects have a head start:
– An actual AAA dev (Those hire me?) in eastern Europe that develops mobile F2P stuff.
– Hanson Robotics has a team of writers figuring out how AI should, well, behave? Talk? I like only half understand this job? Something along the lines of playing god. Which, hey, let’s be honest, every writer is doing that. Now I’ll be over doing it, I guess. If we make the robot a writer in our image, shit’s gonna get dumb, where we’re all one-upping ideas for Simpsons comics. So sorry in advance if your talking fridge of the future won’t shut up about TV you don’t have time to watch, because there’s no drinkable water and you’re hiding from gun-mounted Twitter bots.
Anyways, besides those two solid things, I’m still hungry for my usual indie weird comics and games, so imma see what’s cooking these days before I go to Hong Kong- which is where robots are born.
3. GAME WORKERS ARE PEOPLE – DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS TODAY O BOY?
After being kicked around by the game industry for a while, turns out a lot of us game devs had the same idea: Organize.
I’m working with Game Workers Unite on a few different initiatives. If you are an employer and decided not to hire me after reading this, wowwwwwwwwwwww yiiiiikkeeeeesssss. Your working environment must be terrible. I MEAN JUST – yooooiikkkkssssssssssss. Alright. Off you go.
There’s a suggested anonymous nature to working with GWU that I’m still flip-flopping on, but clearly I’m not too anon about it either. Anyways…
We are going to (a work) space. Except so far all two cool spaces have fallen through. This is a note for future me, cus they’d want to remember that one time.
NOTES OTHERWISE MISCELLANEOUS
-I was not involved in dev, but for those who liked Simulacra, Kaigan recently released a soft sequel for it in October – Simulacra: Pipe Dreams
- – I gave a talk at a local Unity Meetup about how to find, work, and collaborate with game writers.
– There was a short window of time in which I was almost a professor at AU.
– Ronald Reagan Airport is the worst airport in America. Do not recommend.
– Grasshopper pie is a very doable treat project that anyone can enjoy, though terrible for you and offputting if you hate slime.
-Oh yeah! I also was a speaker in a very botched plan to have me guest appear at some game design classes at City University of New York.